Re: Ahndung von Verkehrsdelikten in B.C. - trunkenheit premier B.C.

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.kanadanews.de ]

Abgeschickt von maxim am 11 Januar, 2003 um 12:22:15:

Antwort auf: Ahndung von Verkehrsdelikten in B.C. von bartosch am 09 Januar, 2003 um 09:15:06:

B.C. premier says he won't contest drunk driving charge
Last Updated Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:31:23
MAUI, HAWAII - British Columbia Premier Gordon Campbell has apologized after being charged with impaired driving in Hawaii.

Maui police Sgt. Ken Prather says Campbell was arrested just after 1 a.m. Friday morning.

"At 1:23 in the morning, a Gordon M. Campbell, a 54-year-old male was arrested for drunk driving on the island of Maui. He has since bailed out. He bailed out sometime this morning."

Prather says Campbell did spend some time in jail before bail of $257 was posted and a tentative court date of March 25 was set.

STATEMENT FROM PREMIER GORDON CAMPBELL

For Immediate Release
Jan. 10, 2003
Office of the Premier
I have made a serious mistake, and I want to apologize to everyone including my family, my colleagues and the people of British Columbia.

Last night, I was returning home from dinner with friends, and the Maui police pulled me over. I was arrested and charged with driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol. I do not intend to contest the charge.

I will make myself available to the media Sunday, Jan. 12, at 3 p.m. at a location to be determined.

Gordon Campbell
Premier

Late Friday afternoon Campbell's office issued a statement. The premier said he "made a serious mistake, and I want to apologize to everyone including my family, my colleagues and the people of British Columbia."

He said, "I do not intend to contest the charge."

B.C. NDP leader Joy MacPhail issued a brief written statement. Joy MacPhail saying the news of Campbell's arrest is "deeply troubling."

MacPhail says like all British Columbians she wants the premier to explain the circumstances that led to his arrest. Until then, she'll make no further comment.

Campbell is in Hawaii on vacation. He said he will speak with the media when he returns to Vancouver on Sunday.

Written by CBC News Online staff

: Hi,

: ich war im Frühjahr 2000 mit dem Camper in B.C. unterwegs. Durch ein doofes Mißgeschick habe ich mir ein Violation Ticket (Strafzettel) von einem kanadischen Polizeibeamten eingefangen. 110 Can$ wegen GELB (!!!)im Kreuzungsbereich (bei uns eher relativ normal). Für den Empfang des Tickets habe ich nicht unterzeichnet und das Ticket auch bis zu meiner Ausreise nicht bezahlt. Letztes Jahr wurde ich direkt aus B.C. mal angeschrieben, mit der Bitte das Ticket zu bezahlen. Seit dem "Still ruht der See".

: Wer hat ähnliche Erfahrungen gemacht? Wie gehen die kanadischen Behörden vor, wenn man wieder mal nach Kanada einreisen will? Ist man da als "Schuldner" vorgemerkt und kann nur einreisen, wenn man das alte Ticket bei der Einreise bezahlt oder wird man wegen eines simplen Tickets nicht gleich bei der Einreisebehörde registriert??

: Gruss
: Bartosch

Antworten:

Ihre Antwort

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Text:

Optionale URL:
Link Titel:
Optionale Bild-URL:

[ Antworten ] [ Ihre Antwort ] [ Forum www.kanadanews.de ]